Work number - P 19 ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE
Presented M.M. Gryshko National Botanical Garden of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
1. ZAIMENKO Natalia V. – Corresponding member of NAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Biological Sciences, director of the M.M. Gryshko National Botanical Garden of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
2. TSARENKO Petro M. – Corresponding member of NAS of Ukraine, Doctor of Biological Sciences, head of the Department of Phycology, Lichenology and Bryology of the M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
3. VYNOGRADOVA Oxana M. – Doctor of Biological Sciences, Deputy Director for Science of the M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
4. KLYMENKO Svitlana V. – Doctor of Biological Sciences, head of the Department of Acclimatization Fruit plants of the M.M. Gryshko of National Botanical Garden of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
5. HELUTA Vasyl P. – Doctor of Biological Sciences, head of Department of Mycology of the M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
6. MYKHALSKA Liudmyla M. – Candidate of Biological Sciences, Senior researcher of the Department of Physiology of Plant Nutrition of the Institute of Plant Physiology and Genetics of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
7. NETSVETOV Maksym V. – Doctor of Biological Sciences, Deputy Director for Science of the Institute of Evolutionary Ecology of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, head of the Department of Phytoecology.
8. MIKHAILYUK Tetiana І. – Candidate of Biological Sciences, Senior researcher of the Department of Phycology, Lichenology and Bryology of the M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
The authors propose an information-resource concept of conservation, restoration and rational use of plant diversity for innovative development of Ukraine.
Original algae-floristic and myco-floristic zoning of the territory of Ukraine was developed, and a methodology for harmonization of the national strategy for the conservation and protection of rare and endangered species of spore plants and fungi was introduced. The phylogenetic relationships of various taxa of algae, lichens and bryophytes were examined; their trends of evolution were analyzed to trace the processes of early terrestrialisation of higher plants. With the involvement of molecular methods, complex studies were performed on taxonomy, phylogeny, evolution, geography, and protection of algae and fungi. A number of objects of the nature reserve fund were established in Polissya, in the Forest-Steppe and Steppe zones; it was conducted on restoration of the Steppe ecosystems on the eroded soils of the Forest-Steppe. Algal flora and mycobiota of a number of nature reserves and national nature parks of Ukraine have been investigated.
The theoretical bases and practical aspects of introduction, selection and use of plant diversity for creation of persistent phytocenosis cultures are generalized. Parametric model of estimation of selection material is proposed. Based on the laws of thermodynamics, the main characteristics for describing balanced ecosystems of introductory populations have been identified.
The concept of magnetoreception of plant organisms has been developed, and indicative signs of their resistance to stress factors for the introduction of modern phytoremediation technologies have been determined.
A unified methodology for assessing the impact of global change on reservoirs and GHG flows based on ground-based measurements and satellite observations has been developed. The principles of space soil science have been developed, the technology of plant cultivation in space flight conditions has been proposed. Mechanisms of formation of stable humus forms are revealed and indicative signs for estimation of processes of humus formation are determined. The technology of recultivation of disturbed and degraded soils is worked out. Based on modified silicon-containing minerals, environmentally friendly nitrification inhibitors and broad-spectrum fungicides have been obtained.
Physiologically supported and environmentally friendly ways of increasing the productivity of agrophytocenoses have been developed, application of nitrogen and organo-mineral fertilizers have been optimized to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the mineralization of the organic constituent of soils, and technologies have been introduced to reduce mycotoxins content in the grain. For the rapid assessment of the state of phytocenosis components, digital technologies for plant growth and development management have been developed and implemented.
The presented work on the novelty and scale of implementation of research results forms the scientific basis for the conservation, restoration and rational use of plant diversity on an innovative basis and serves as a basis for enhancing the potential of our country. An ecological assessment of the diversity of flora resources and their use is the key to a successful political challenge: to make Ukraine one of the leading countries that is a donor to ecological outlook and quality food.
Number of publications: 259, including 20 monographs (10 – published abroad), 10 textbooks (catalogs), 1 reference book, 202 articles (57 – in English-language journals with an impact factor). The total number of citations on the publications of the authors/h-index of the work, according to the databases is, respectively: Web of Science – 539/19, Scopus – 549/14, Google Scholar – 2 413/47. Obtained 23 Ukrainian patents, 1 international patent. Two doctoral and 24 PhD theses are defended on this subject, including 2 abroad.