Work number - P 41
By the State Environmental Academy of Postgraduate Education and Management
of the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine
Authors: BondarO.I., MashkovO.A., PashkovD.P., BilyavskiiH.O., MokinV.B., BusyginB.S., IvanyutaS.P., YemetsM.A., KostyuchenkoY.V., PetrenkoV.S.
A comprehensive environmental monitoring has become increasingly important in ensuring sustainable development and security of Ukraine. Significance of monitoring defining by the changes of nature usage concept connected with European integration, as well as constantly growing environmental problems with natural and anthropogenic drivers; water contamination and requirement of ecological analysis for integrated water management; deterioration of living conditions and spread of diseases in urban and technologically loaded regions, etc.
The purpose of research presented is to develop the scientific and methodological basement, software and hardware solutions for the establishment of comprehensive environmental monitoring systems based on aerospace and on-ground research for decision making to prevent negative changes of the environment and compliance with international standards of environmental safety. The main tasks that have been solved in the study include:
- elaboration of theoretical and technological base for highly efficient information-analytical systems of environmental monitoring;
- development of software and hardware tools for aerospace and ground-based research on the base of geographic information systems to provide comprehensive and rapid collection, processing, transmission, storage and analysis of the most reliable information on the state of environment and forecasting its changes;
- improvement of methods of environmental control and monitoring of industrial plants, nuclear power plants and areas within the zone of its influence;
- development of physical and mathematical models and methods aimed to risks determination and increasing the level of environmental and technogenic safety;
- formulation of science-based recommendations for decisions makers to prevent negative changes of the environment and compliance with international standards in environmental safety.
The research results are published in more than 710 publications, including 20monographs, 55 textbooks, manuals and reference books, 328scientific papers (including 60 published in international journals, 20 of them are presented in Scopus database), 8 Environmental Atlases. The originality, novelty and competitiveness of technical solutions have been protected by 34 certificates of authorship and 18 patents. Research results have been used for preparation of 16 doctoral (Sc.D.) and 56 candidate’s (Ph.D.) theses.